Milan Dragway Guest Policies
These policies are intended to promote safety and enjoyment of the property for all guests and employees of Milan Dragway.
Radio Station – Dial 91.1 on your FM radio to tune in to the track P.A. System.
PROHIBITED SPECTATOR ITEMS:
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND ARE NOT ALLOWED to be brought onto the property.
- Firearms, fireworks of any kind and items restricted by local, state, and federal laws.
- Glass containers
- Laser pointers
- Illegal substances
- Sticks, bats, poles, or clubs
Any other items deemed by Milan Dragway security personnel to be inappropriate, pose a safety hazard or that may diminish other fans enjoyment of events.
ADA PARKING – We have a limited number of designated ADA spots, first come first serve, in the designated areas west of the office near the main bathrooms on the Pit Side or the Spectator Side just past the ticket booth. Acceptable state issued ADA credentials must be presented to park in these areas.
Wheelchair bound guests and companions can reserve space and a seat (subject to availability). If you have questions, please contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org (Wed -Fri 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or call 734-439-7368 x304.
ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL ALLOWED ON PROPERTY (pursuant to Michigan State Law)
For your convenience, our concession stands sell a variety of food, drinks, and snacks. Drinks are also available in the Clubhouse (near the starting line), The Pro Shop (behind the pit side bleachers), and Dirty Harry’s Performance Shop (near the pits).
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed in any restricted area of the facility.
- This includes the staging lanes, starting line, track and return road.
- No glass bottles are permitted anywhere on the Milan Dragway property.
- Any driver determined to be intoxicated or found with an alcoholic beverage in their possession while still in competition will be disqualified immediately.
- Any person found to be operating any vehicle while in possession of alcohol may be disqualified and/or ejected from the premises.
PIT & AUXILIARY VEHICLES (GOLF CARTS, SCOOTERS, ALL BIKES, ETC.):
Auxiliary vehicles must obey the same rules as pit vehicles.
- Only individuals ages sixteen (16) years and older with a valid state driver license are permitted to operate any motorized vehicle on the property.
- Speed limit is 10 mph for cars, bikes, quads, carts, etc. traveling in the pit area and surrounding non-race areas.
- All vehicles MUST be driven in a safe and responsible manner.
- Repeat offenders may result in a permanent ban from the facility.
- Burnouts anywhere but the starting line will not be tolerated.
- Vehicles MUST yield to race vehicles at all times.
- Racers may be held accountable for the conduct of their crew, per the NHRA Rulebook.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in immediate disqualification or dismissal from the property.
CAMPFIRES – Small campfires contained in elevated fire containment devices that do not damage the grass or asphalt are permitted. Be prepared to provide your own raised fire containment pit. No burning trash; only wood. You are responsible for extinguishing and removing your ashes.
CHILDREN – We are a family orientated facility and yours and your children’s safety is important to us. Parents are cautioned to keep children under supervision in the immediate area of their pit and spectator spaces.
- ALL children on the playground equipment (east and west side of the track) must always have adult supervision.
- The pit area busy with motorized traffic and a driver’s ability to see is often restricted. Please keep children close to you and your pit area.
- Parents who let minor children roam the pit area unattended may be asked to leave the pit area.
- No children under the age of 14 are allowed in Restricted Areas.
- Restricted areas include: the starting line, behind and inside the burn-out box, staging lanes, the track itself and the return road.
- Remember, you must have a driver’s license to operate anything motorized.
CODE OF CONDUCT – Standards have been established to help support a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all our guests. Guests are required to be responsible for their behavior ensure that their conduct and behavior does not interfere with the enjoyment of the other guests. Guests are specifically required to refrain from the following on all Milan Dragway properties:
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment that result in offensive and/or irresponsible behavior.
- Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
- Interference with the event
- Failure to follow instructions of stadium personnel or law enforcement.
- Verbal or physical harassment of others including all fans, participants officials and staff.
- Smoking in the grandstands
- Theft or vandalism
Event patrons and/or guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and forfeit their ticket privileges for future events.
CONCESSION STANDS – The Dragway Grill offers a variety of food and beverages throughout the events. The Spectator side concession stand will be open during large events. Additional food and beverages will be available in various locations on the pit side: the Water Box Bar (in the Clubhouse near the starting line), The Pro Shop (behind the pit side bleachers), and Dirty Harry’s Performance Shop (near the pits) also sell various drinks and snacks.
COOLERS – Coolers 14” or smaller are permitted. Coolers, backpack, bags, etc. are subject to inspection prior to admittance. No coolers are allowed in the Grandstands. Water and soda in plastic bottles or aluminum cans are allowed. Glass bottles or containers are not permitted on the property.
CREDIT CARDS – Milan Dragway accepts VISA, Master Card, American Express and Apple Pay at the gate entrances, concession stands, Dirty Harry’s Performance Shop, and the Pro Shop souvenir store.
DRONE POLICY/ UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our guests, Milan Dragway strictly prohibits the operation of or use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly known as “Drones,” on, from, or above the Milan Dragway properties. This includes all UAVs regardless of size, weight, or purpose. Raceway personnel may remove anyone using a UAV on Raceway property and/or confiscate the UAV, unless specific written permission from Milan Dragway has been obtained in advance of use.
EJECTION – Milan Dragway reserves the right to eject a guest whose behavior is disruptive, unruly, illegal, or not incompliance with our Code of Conduct (see CODE OF CONDUCT above). The ticket will be revoked without refund, the individual will be escorted off Milan Dragway property and their renewal rights may be forfeited.
GATE TIMES – Gate times will vary for events and will be posted on our website and social media. Late arrivals are welcome to overnight park in the overflow lot across Snell Road. No re-entry will be allowed after the gates close. Security will be available at the gate after hours.
GENERATORS – All generators are required to have an exhaust venting system that expels exhaust up and near the roof line of the RV and/or trailer while in use in the pit areas. Please ensure your generator is not excessively loud. The goal is to ensure a safe and respectful environment for you and your neighbors.
GLASS CONTAINERS – Glass containers of any kind are not permitted at Milan Dragway.
MEDIA CREDENTIALS – Any photographer/news/magazine media outlet requesting photo and media center access must complete an application for credentials at least 5 days prior to the event. Applications will be reviewed and if approved, a notification will be sent via email. Please bring your confirmation email and Driver’s License to the Ticket Booth/Registration Trailer to receive Media Credentials. Applications and information are available at https://www.milandragway.com/media/
OFFICE HOURS – Regular business hours are Wednesday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Event Day office hours will vary by event and may be extended until 7 pm.
OVERNIGHT PARKING –
Overnight parking (self-contained RVs with living quarters: own water, sewer & power)
- Overnight parking may be available for multiday events. Please refer to the race schedule on our website https://www.milandragway.com/racing-schedule/ prior to arrival for availability.
- All vehicles will be required to register and pay for overnight parking daily.
- Prices will vary based upon the event scheduled.
- Overnight and parking tags must always be displayed and visible on your front windshield.
- Parking and overnight tags will be monitored by Milan Dragway staff and security.
- Racers wishing to do early drop-offs of trailers on the day of events taking place, will be charged for admission and overnight parking.
- On the final day of racing for the weekend (Sunday races), all occupants must vacate the property within 90 minutes following the completion of racing.
- Vehicles without a visible parking tag will be subject to removal.
PETS – We welcome your pets! Please keep all pets on a leash and ensure that you clean up after them! Animals are not permitted in the grandstands except for Service Animals.
SERVICE ANIMALS – Trained service animals or service animals-in-training assisting guests with disabilities are permitted in the seating bowl. Under Title III of the ADA, all service animals must always remain on a leash or in a harness. However, if a disability prevents the person from using a harness, leash or other tether or if a harness, leash or other tether would interfere with the service animal’s safe, effective performance of work or tasks, then the animal’s handler must maintain control of the service animal through other effective means, such as voice control or signals. A place of public accommodation is not responsible for the care or supervision of a service animal.
PLAYGROUND –Adult supervision is required for children in the playground areas on both the pit side and spectator sides of the property.
PRO SHOP – Our Pro Shop is conveniently located on the pit side, behind the grandstands. Event and track merchandise can be purchased for adults and kids including apparel, hats, hearing protection, seat cushions, sunscreen, pop & water, beer, ice cream and other souvenirs.
RACING FUEL and PARTS – During events, we also sell a variety of racing fuels, parts, helmets, etc.(including methanol & nitrous). We do our best to ensure sufficient inventory availability. Prices may vary and can change without notice. For general questions, please email email@example.com or call 734-439-7368 ext. 305/306, during event days.
RAIN CANCELLATIONS – NO REFUNDS
Drag Racing is a sport that relies on a dry racing surface for competition. To address precipitation on the drag strip, Milan Dragway will make every effort possible to dry the surface following a rain delay within reason. Occasionally, Mother Nature prevents a race from completing. If an event is cancelled due to inclement weather, the promoter of the race, i.e., Milan Dragway, NHRA, outside promoters, etc. will make the call regarding rain cancellations. This information will be announced via the PA system, posted on our website and social media sites as soon as possible. We will not speculate or predict what will happen with pending inclement weather or if a race will be cancelled. We will do our best to attempt to run every race to completion when doable.
RAINOUT POLICY AND RAIN CHECKS – NO REFUNDS
If an event is cancelled due to weather conditions, the Race Director and Track Management will announce if rain checks will be available. If eligible, please stop at the ticket booth with your ticket to receive your voucher prior to leaving the property.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR TICKET/RECEIPT as it has the date and time stamp for verification of purchase and criteria for rain checks.
RE-ENTRY – Guests needing to exit temporarily and re-enter Milan Dragway during an event, must show their paid ticket and credentials at the ticket booth to receive a one-time re-entry ticket BEFORE exiting. Re-entering guest(s) must stop at the ticket booth and show their re-entry ticket to return to the event that day. If you do not obtain a re-entry ticket, you will be required to purchase a ticket to enter.
RESTRICTED AREAS – Due to insurance regulations, access to certain areas of the facility is restricted. Only track staff, racers and crew members with proper credentials will be admitted in the restricted areas. Spectator viewing is available in the grandstands or behind the fenced areas.
- ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED IN RESTRICTED AREAS per our insurance company and the Michigan Liquor Control Commission requirements.
- These restricted areas include the starting line, behind and inside the burn-out box, staging lanes, the track itself and the return road.
- All drivers and crew are required to sign a waiver in the presence of a track official. You can also find our minor waivers here on our website to print out and bring with you.
- All drivers, crew and media members will be issued a wristband that must be put on the left wrist (Tower side) in the presence of that track official.
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted in any restricted area per our insurance company. This includes children in auxiliary VEHICLES and golf carts within the restricted areas.
- Absolutely no one will be allowed in restricted areas without proper credentials.
- These rules are for the safety of all our customers and staff. Guests who fail to abide by these rules may be escorted off the property without a refund.
REST ROOMS/PORT-A-JOHNS –Permanent restrooms (wheelchair accessible and baby changing areas) are located on the east side of the track near the office. Port-a-johns are located at certain points throughout out the property for your more “immediate” needs.
SHIPPING PARTS – Racers on occasion need to have parts shipped to our track. Please include your name in the shipping address, so we know to whom the package belongs. It is recommended that you notify us in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org). The shipping address is 10860 Plank Road, Milan, MI 48160. The track is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
SMOKING – Smoking (including e-cigarettes and vapor cigarettes) is not permitted in our restrooms, permanent buildings, near Dirty Harry’s Fuel Store, or in the bleachers. Smoking is permitted in the open areas of the property.
SPECTATOR ENTRANCE – For our large events, the spectator ticket booth on the west side of the track will be open. Auxiliary vehicles are allowed but may be subject to additional fees.
STAGING BEFORE GATES OPEN – Please stage across the street until the gates are scheduled to open. Please use caution and ensure that your rig can cross the street completely and safely. Please no stopping, standing, or blocking the street or entrance to the property.
TICKETS – All racer and spectator tickets may be purchased at the ticket booths upon entry.
- EVERYONE entering Milan Dragway property, MUST sign a waiver on arrival and issued a wristband from a track official to be worn on the left wrist. This includes minors and adults.
- ALL minors (under 18 years old) must have a completed parent waiver to be on property and to be in Restricted Areas. You can find our minor waivers here on our website to print out and bring with you. Please ensure they are printed in COLOR and both sides are filled out. If both parents/guardians sign the minor waiver, it is good for the entire 2023 season. If only one parent signs, it is only good for that day in attendance.
WASTE OIL – A collection container is provided next to Dirty Harry’s. Waste oil must be dumped in this bin. Contaminated oil (contamination is any non-pure race oil, i.e., brake cleaner, carburetor cleaner, anti-freeze, etc…) must be taken with you when you leave.
WIFI – Unfortunately, we do not offer WIFI at our facility.